Wednesday, September 8, 2010

SideWALKS

To me, blogging is should be about opinions concerning controversial matters.  For me, blogging is a way for me to complain about specific and unimportant issues.  Walking around classes I stay on the sidewalks and keep a steady pace and direction.  I am never weaving on other sides of the path, I simply walk a straight line to where I need to go.  Bike riders, however, do not follow this pattern.
There have been too many times that I have walked to class and had what could be considered a "near death experience."  I am exaggerating a little of course, but it is still startling to have a biker create a breeze as they skim past you going 15mph.  I have literally found myself walking off of the sidewalk to avoid these monsters on wheels.
Solutions?
I think the bikers should keep on the streets, like they are supposed to.  If it is too far out of their way, they should at least have the decency to WALK their bikes in crowded areas of students trying to make it to class.  A side walk should be my safe route to class, not a ticket to the ER.

No comments:

Post a Comment