Thursday, October 14, 2010

Research Process

In my english class I am grouped with Tyler and Jake to choose a controversial topic to write a paper on.  In class we discussed a few ides, but eventually became stuck on one.  The first idea was Tyler's interest in writing about where sexy went.  Justin Timberlake's song says, "I'm bringing sexy back," but Tyler -and the rest of us - realized that sexy never left.  For the purpose of our college level english class, however, we realized this would not be a very "scholarly" topic.
The topic we spent the most time one was cyber bullying.  We talked about real-life examples of this, and we discussed the harms it can have on others.  I showed my group a site called college ACB where students blog within their specific college forum.  The blog, at least at Ball State, is the epitome of cyber bullying.  There are whole blogs that are dedicated to bullying single students, where people post their dislikes about someone.  I think this could be a good source to use if we choose to pursue this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment