Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ball State: NEARLY Perfect.

Coming to the end of my sixth week at Ball State, things are going amazingly well.  I play soccer at least 20 hours a week, my meals are (relatively) free, and I am making loads of friends.  These are all huge things for me, and I must say, I think I could handle this college lifestyle for quite a few years.  My only complaint goes to the athletic teams here.  I see two huge problems with this topic.  My complaints come from our lack of Men's soccer, and the skills of our teams.

I'll start with the second complaint first before anyone gets offended. . . I admit I overgeneralized quite a bit.  I have only seen two teams play.  Our woman's soccer team (who is actually pretty good), and our football team.  In my opinion, our football team is terrible for D1.  I just can not stand watching our passing game.  It is extremely annoying to watch.  I feel like we rarely complete passes.  It's either the receiver dropping the ball when he is wide open, or the quarterback throwing the ball 10 yards off target.

I also HATE that we do not have a men's soccer team.  The MAC holds the nation's best soccer program, Akron.  In my opinion, Ball State should be their biggest competitor.  It was heartbreaking when I attended the girl's game, and very few people were there.  I have gone to two IU soccer games, and the stands were literally as packed as the student section of our football games.

I am quite the sports junky, and it is upsetting to junky sports teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment